Thursday, November 22, 2007

Håkan Vramsmo



Swedish barihunk Håkan Vramsmo studied at the Guildhall School of Music & Drama and immediately was offered the opportunity to sing at the opening night of the BBC Proms. He has won a number of lieder competitions and has quickly established himself as a major talent in the field. He has sung the barihunk roles of Don Giovanni and the Rape of Lucretia. He is establishing himself as a Mozart singer to reckon with, receiving rave reviews in Die Zauberflote and Nozze di Figaro.

4 comments:

  1. I think there needs to be a special catagory of über-barihunk now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and what about the other Swedish barihunk named Håkan? He may be getting on years but he was BH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hakan Hagagard was part of the reason I fell in love with opera. My school took a field trip to see Ingmar Bergman's "Magic Flute" with him as Papageno and I fell in love with the art form. I hadn't thought about him as a barihunk, but I"m going to pull up some old photos and videos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh lawdy lawdy, saw him perform in Carmen last night at Glastonbury Abbey and now I'm in love!!

    Sigh..............

    ReplyDelete